In compliance with the Personal Health Information Privacy Act (PHIPA) 2004, the members of Absolute Massage Therapy are bound by law and ethics to safeguard your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information.
These responsibilities are:
- Collect only the information relevant to your care
- Keep accurate and up-to date records
- Safeguard the records in our possession
- Share information with other health care providers on a need to know basis with regards to your health care.
- Disclose information to third parties only with your consent, or when necessary for legal purposes
- Retain and destroy records in accordance with the law
Your request for care implies consent for our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information for purposes related to your care.
- Understand the purposes for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal health information
- Refuse consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal health information, except required by law
- Withdraw or change your consent
- Access to view your records*
- Request amendments to your records*
- Obtain copies of your records*
- Complain to the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner (IPC) if you feel your privacy has been breached, or if you are refused access to your health records
* We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for expenses and time spent with regards to these requests.